Our organization is known in the industry for catering a distinguished segment of Junker Gas Calorimeter
that works on the Junker's principle. Offered gas calorimeter is developed with best grade material and current techniques keeping in mind the standards of market. The offered gas calorimeter is used for finding out calorific value of gaseous fuel. Our valuable clients can avail this gas calorimeter from us in different specifications.
- Seamless finish
- Robust design
- Used to determine the calorific value
Principle of Operation:
- This Gas Calorimeter works on the Junker's principle of burning of a known volume of gas and imparting the heat with maximum efficiency to steadily flowing water and finding out of the rise in temperature of a measured volume of water.
- The formula, Calorific Value of Gas X Volume of Gas = Volume of water X Rise in Temperature, is then used to determine the Calorific Value of the Gas (assuming that heat capacity of water is unity).
- This equipment consists of the Calorimeter with Powder Coated Stainless Steel exterior with burner (with choice of two nozzles) on a tripod stand, a Gas Flow Meter) and a pressure governor.
- Requisite tubing & measuring jars as well as thermometers (0.1 0C graduation) for reading inlet & outlet water temperatures are also provided along with a detailed instruction manual.
Gas Flow Meter:
- This Calorimeter covers a wide range between 120 BTU (1000 to 26000 K Cal/m3).
- The Calorimeter is fixed on a tripod stand having leveling screws to keep the Calorimeter in perfectly vertical position.
- The Calorimeter mainly consists of a gas combustion chamber, heat exchanger and water flow system. Heat exchanger is designed for maximum efficiency of heat transfer and is fabricated out of heavily tinned copper sheet.
- A constant water head maintenance device provided in the feed water pipe along with the inlet water flow regulator is fixed to the outer housing of the Calorimeter.
- The outer housing is of powder coated stainless steel.
- This constant water level attachment has an over flow device through which excess water drains out. Water from this constant head device enters the bottom of the heat exchanger through inlet water flow regulator and raised along the annular space, comes up to the filtering position at the top and gets collected at the swinging funnel attachment. While going up it absorbs the heat generated by burning the gas in the burner located at the bottom of the central chamber of the Calorimeter.
- Two thermometers are provided in the water inlet and outlets ports. Temperature of the effluent gas can be measured from the thermometer fixed at the exhaust gas outlet. Provision for fixing the burner is provided at the Calorimeter base. An outlet for collection of condensate is provided at the bottom.
- It is a wet type Gas Flow Meter, with recording facility on a mechanical counter of the number of revolutions made, which gives total volume of gas burnt.
- For more details of the Flow Meter, please refer to its individual leaflet.
- Junker gas calorimeter is used in Fertilizer, Petrochemical Plant, Producer gas plant, Engineering colleges and Research Institutes & Bio gas plant.